Call for Nominations for TAANA Board of Directors
Nomination Deadline: August 12
Positions to begin January 1, 2021
The TAANA Board of Directors is seeking nominations for 4 positions on the Board of Directors. Directors serve a three-year term*. The board typically meets in person two (2) times a year, in January and at the Annual Meeting and Educational Conference. (Due to Covid-19, the 2 in-person board meetings will be held via zoom.)
Directors are expected to attend all meetings and pay their own expenses for travel, meals, and accommodations. Additionally, two (2) board meetings are generally held by teleconference during the year.
Minimum director qualifications include:
- Current/Active Fellow or Distinguished Fellow membership with TAANA.
- Membership in TAANA for at least one (1) full year prior to nomination.
- Execution of the TAANA "Willingness to Serve" agreement.
- Each Director shall be eligible to serve no more than three (3) full consecutive terms.
The board elects a President, President-Elect, Recording Secretary, Corresponding Secretary, and Treasurer from among the directors each year; a director may also be expected to perform additional duties from time to time, such as serving as a liaison to a TAANA section or committee.
Any person interested in making a nomination or self-nomination should submit the following materials to TAANA Executive Office (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- A copy of the TAANA "Willingness to Serve" agreement executed by the nominee.
- A brief personal statement of no longer than 200 words in support of the nomination (to be distributed to the membership in advance of the vote).
If you have questions, contact Robert Ranieri, Executive Director, at (877) 538-2262 or email email@example.com.