Boston Marriott Copley Place
August 3-5, 2017
The submission deadline is January 21, 2017
How to Submit
Notification of selection of podium/poster session presentations will occur approximately 3 to 4 weeks after the submission deadline.
Submit a proposal for a podium or poster presentation at The American Association of Nurse Attorneys (TAANA) 35th Annual Meeting & Educational Conference to be held on August 3-5, 2017 in Boston, MA!
TAANA is particularly interested in presentations addressing issues arising in health care and nursing education, clinical practice, professional licensure, and, federal and state regulations and law. Potential topics include:
- Professionalism and nursing ethics
- Higher education, research and health law
- Social media, electronic health records, and PSAs
- Role delineation: faculty, preceptors & students
- Public health law - mandatory provider vaccination, quarantine, and, care of infectious clients
- Global and regional disaster preparedness
- Emerging issues in health law and nursing
Health Care Organizations
- Contract, labor and employment law
- Patient safety and risk management
- Legal issues in acute and long-term care, behavioral health, and ambulatory care
- Implications of health system mergers and consolidations
- Regulatory compliance in health care
- Emerging legislation and enforcement
Solo Law Practice & Nursing Licensure Defense
- Starting, marketing, operating, and growing a solo law practice
- Nursing malpractice - plaintiff & defense perspectives
- Civil torts, property, and contract issues arising in nursing education, research and clinical practice
- Professional licensure actions against nurses
- Nexus between clinical practice, licensure and criminal law
Advanced Practice Nursing (APN)
- Delineation of APNs: practitioners, midwives, anesthetists and leaders
- Setting up a solo or interprofessional business
- Contractual agreements between entities
- Legal liability and strategies for success
- Professional networking and use of electronic technology
Podium presentations will be 60 to 90 minutes in length and should comply with the submission themes suggested above.
Poster presentations will be displayed at the Annual Meeting & Educational Conference. Presenters are required to stand by their posters during scheduled times to answer questions about their topics.
A committee will review proposals for podium and poster presentations based on the following criteria:
Clarity of description of the content and presentation methods
Importance, depth, focus, level of audience interest
Feasibility of application to a variety of settings
Presenter’s professional background and speaking experience
What to Submit
Please read all of the information in this document and follow the requirements carefully. Proposals that do not comply with these instructions may be rejected. All material must be submitted together. Partial submissions will not be accepted.
- Presentation Title
- Presentation Type: 60 or 90 minute podium presentation or poster presentation.
- Method of Teaching: Lecture, Panel Discussion, Q & A Session.
- Level of Intended Audience: Basic, Intermediate, Advanced.
- Presentation Abstract: A summary overview of your submission (300 words max).
- Presentation/Learner Objectives: What the learner will be able to do at the conclusion of the presentation. An average of 1-3 objectives per hour is realistic.
- Presenter Information: Name, credentials, preferred mailing address, daytime telephone number, email address, biography (250 words max) as you would like it to appear in the program for each presenter in your submission.
- CV/Resume: Please be prepared to upload a CV/Resume for each presenter in your proposal.